Green is the New Black

I make custom HeroClix (mostly of Green Lanterns and related characters) and take posed photos of my action figures. I tend to make customs in bursts, so this page may go un-updated for some time only to have a half dozen figures go up in one day.

Monday, June 13, 2005

HeroClix custom: Kyle Rayner (old costume)

Name: Kyle Rayner
Made from: Rookie Northstar
Date: May 28, 2005




As soon as I saw Northstar in Franny's pile of Marvel HeroClix I knew I had to turn one of them into Kyle. The 90's hair is absolutely perfect.

Took quite a bit of fiddling to get that crab mask just right, though. Epoxy putty gets awfully sticky right before it sets, and if you touch it just the wrong way you have to start all over.

I suppose I could have modeled his arm guards and boots out of putty, too, but Northstar is already a pretty beefy guy and I didn't want to make Kyle any bulkier than he already was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home