Green is the New Black

I make custom HeroClix (mostly of Green Lanterns and related characters) and take posed photos of my action figures. I tend to make customs in bursts, so this page may go un-updated for some time only to have a half dozen figures go up in one day.

Monday, June 13, 2005

HeroClix custom: Kyle Rayner (new costume)

Name: Kyle Rayner
Made from: Rookie Superboy
Date: May 2005



I've heard gripes that Kyle's new Jim-Lee-designed costume is crap. The reason they cite is the fact that it's so similar to Lee's X-Men designs. Being a DC girl myself, I would never have noticed unless they pointed it out. And I still like it.

This one's just a repaint -- no clay modeling or shaping here, save sanding off the pocket details on Superboy's jeans.

I kind of wish he didn't fly so horizontally, though. If I had been planning it a little better I might have tried boiling the plastic to tilt his flying angle up a little bit.

Oh well, live and learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home